06 Oct [Now Closed] 8 MA scholarships in North Korean Studies
8 MA Scholarships in North Korean Studies
The International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU) at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is offering 8MA scholarships in North Korean Studies for 2021/22 academic year. We seek highly motivated students who have excellent academic grades at undergraduate level and are committed to high quality critical study of North Korea.
Applications are open to students of any nationality, but the scholarship is for the value of UK tuition fees (up to £7,100). Non-UK fee paying students will receive a partial fee waiver to the value of UK tuition fees. Successful candidates will be expected to work with our academics as research assistants.
This scholarship opportunity is funded by the Korean Studies Promotion Service of the Academy of Korean Studies, Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) as well as UCLan IKSU.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31st March 2021
Applications should be made at the UCLan Postgraduate applications page by selecting following entries:
- Level of Study: Postgraduate Taught
- Mode of Study: Full Time
- Year (To start study): 202122
- Course Title: Master of Arts in North Korean Studies (ULKORE181)
When you apply, you should fill out all the sections in the online application.
- Note: in the ‘Personal Statement’ section, you must provide a short supporting statement explaining why you are applying for the scholarship as well as for the MA North Korea Studies programme.
Upon completion of online application, email the following information to IKSU-AKS@uclan.ac.uk:
- Your application number (starting with ‘G’)
- A short dissertation proposal (max. 250 words), including your dissertation title, research question and how the research relates to the existing academic literature, in MS-Word file
Although Korean language ability would be an advantage, we welcome applications from all. In case you have not achieved your BA degree (2:1 or above) yet by 31 March 2021, you will need to submit your final grades and degree certificate in July 2021.
Please contact Dr Sojin Lim, Co-Director of IKSU (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
For more information see here.