04 Feb Call for Submissions: 2022 IKSU Postgraduate Research Seminar Award
2022 IKSU Postgraduate Research Seminar Award
In Korean Studies
Call for Submissions
University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK,
25 May 2022, Hybrid
The International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU) annual postgraduate research seminar for both MA and PhD students in the UK was launched in 2021. Postgraduate students whose dissertation/thesis is related to Korea (both North and South) are invited to apply for the seminar.
Successful applicants will be invited to the seminar for presentations. A group of academic members from various universities will provide feedback on your research after the presentations. At the end of the seminar, we will select best research as following.
- First places: Award certificate, and £200 equivalent Waterstones book voucher (1 MA & 1 PhD)
- Second places: Award certificate, and £100 equivalent Waterstones book voucher (1 MA & 1 PhD)
- Third places: Award certificate, and £50 equivalent Waterstones book voucher (1 MA & 1 PhD)
Who can apply:
Students enrolled in MA/MSc/MPhil/MRes/MA by Research or PhD/DPhil programme in the UK with their dissertation/thesis topics related to Korea
How to apply:
- Brief Dissertation/Thesis: short version of your on-going dissertation/thesis up to 4,000 words in MS word format (wordcount includes references).
- Times New Roman, 12 font, single spaced
- Harvard referencing system, with in-text citations
*Note: we do not accept submitted dissertation/thesis, but on-going research only.
- Dissertation/Thesis Submission Deadline: 10 April 2022 (submit to IKSU-AKS@uclan.ac.uk)
- Notice for Shortlisted Applicants: 10 May 2022
- Presentation file submission for shortlisted applicants: summary of your dissertation/thesis for 10-minute presentation in MS ppt format
- Presentation file Submission Deadline: 15 May 2022(submit to IKSU-AKS@uclan.ac.uk)
- PG Research Seminar – Presentations for shortlisted applicants & Award ceremony: 25 May 2022