22 Jul 2021 UCLan IKSU Korean Literature Review Contest
2021 UCLan IKSU Korean Literature Review Contest
The International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU) at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is hosting the “2021 Korean Literature Review Contest” in the UK.
Korean Literature Review Contest is a new project that encourages readers outside Korea to share their reviews and thoughts on literary works by Korean authors. The reviews can be in text, video, audio, or performing arts of any kind.
The winners of the contest will have their reviews posted and featured online via the LTI Korea website, social media, and Seoul International Writers Festival (SIWF).
There will be Awards for six places. Award Ceremony is expected to be held on 20 October 2021. Assessment panel will consist of academics in Korean Studies and/or professionals in Korean literature.
- First place (one place): a book voucher, value of £500
- Second place (two places): a book voucher, value of £300
- Third place (three places): a book voucher, value of £100 each
Read one among the following three books:
- One Left – by Kim Soom
- At Dusk – by Hwang Sok-yong
- Untold Night and Day – by Bae Suah
▪ Review: Max. 2,000 words in MS word file (in English) or 10 minutes in video/audio length.
You must include your full name, and a short bio including your affiliation, in your submission email.
▪ Deadline: 1 October 2021
▪ Where to submit: IKSUEnquiry@uclan.ac.uk
The results will be announced through IKSU website on 18 October 2021, and the winners will be contacted by email individually.
The Korean Literature Review Contest is funded by the Literature Translation Institute of Korea (LTI Korea), which is an affiliate to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
The UCLan IKSU Korean Literature Review Contest is open to public members in the UK.