11 Dec Taiwan: New decade, old challenges? Roundtable
Taiwan: New decade, old challenges?
In the last years, Taiwan has been on the spotlight for several reasons: its advanced democracy has been seen as a model in a region still threatened by authoritarian governments. Furthermore, its quick response to the challenges brought by Covid-19 has been observed and celebrated around the world.
A new decade has just started, and Taiwan is in a position to make a difference regionally and globally as never before. In this roundtable we will be discussing the old and new challenges that have been presenting to Taiwan at the turn of this new decade, with the aim to understand its role in regional and global politics for the next future
Including international speakers:
- Professor Gunter Schubert, University of Tuebingen (Germany)
- Dr Stefano Pelaggi, Sapienza University (Italy)
- Dr Prashant Kumar Singh, Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (India)
- Dr Fabricio A. Fonseca, Tamkang University (Taiwan)
- Donovan Courtney, Co-founder/Editor/Host at Taiwan Report, Co-publisher Compass Magazine (Taiwan)
- Dr Greg Coutaz, Tamkang University (Taiwan)
Date: 13th January 2021
Time: 14:30pm-16:30pm GMT
Register on Eventbrite to register you place and receive the meeting link.
This Roundtable is organised by the Northern Institute of Taiwan Studies (NorITS) within the Institute for the study of the Asia Pacific at UCLan (ISAP)
For Enquiries, Please contact ISAP UCLan