21 Dec Call for Papers: “Climate Change in the Pacific: Exploring Indigenous Voices on Climate Change.”
Call for Papers: “Climate Change in the Pacific: Exploring Indigenous Voices on Climate Change.”
Papers from PhD candidates and all disciplines are invited. Interdisciplinary co-authored pieces are welcome.
Schedule for submission
- Proposal Submission (Approx. 500 words) Deadline: 31st January 2021
- Acceptance Notice: 5th February 2021
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: 6th August 2021
Submission themes include but are not limited to:
- Indigenous Voices and Indigeneity in the face of climate change.
- Climate-change denialism within the Pacific and de-colonialization of climate narratives.
- Climate youth activism among Pacific island peoples.
- Constructions of identity and forced relocation of Pacific island peoples.
- Constructions of narrative around Pacific climate concerns.
- Socio-cultural studies and Pacific climate change.
Full paper submissions should be between 6,000 to 8,000 words in length (not including references). As we plan to publish papers as an edited volume, previously published work will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, please send your proposal submission as an mail attachment to Ms Rowann Fitzpatrick at ISAPUCLan@uclan.ac.uk. Proposals should be approx. 500 words in length and in either Microsoft word or as a PDF.
If you have any concerns or enquiries, please email ISAPUCLan@uclan.ac.uk or call us on 01772 89 4511.